Come join us for a special charity WOD (Workout of the Day), “Lotta Strong”, on Saturday, April 14, 2018! We will be running heats of 15 people every 20 minutes from 8 AM – 11 AM. The gym will be open at 7:30am. This event will be in honor of Chasity Lotta, who passed away this past November from a heroin overdose. Chasity was the niece of Mike and Tracy Wilson. She was a beautiful soul, who loved art, music, and making people smile. She loved hard and lived as she loved.
Current statistics show that 5 people die every hour in the United States from opioid addiction. On April 14 let’s come together to help reduce that number by raising awareness for drug addiction recovery, as well as raising funds for ROCovery Fitness...a wonderful program that assists those who are fighting addiction.
T-shirts are being made for everyone who donates $20 or more. All proceeds will be donated to ROCovery Fitness. The workout will be 13 miniutes long and will be designed so that all fitness levels can participate so feel free to invite your friends and family. Be sure to RSVP so we order enough shirts for everyone, but also to help us plan the heats accordingly.
Let's get a big turn out to show our support for Mike and Tracy's family and the entire Rochester community!
On Tuesday March 27th from 7:30-8:30pm we are starting a weekly CrossFit Teens class (ages 13-18). It would be an ongoing class all year. Cost is $15/class or $40/month. Our teens class is intended for young athletes who are interested in either improving their athletic abilities for their sport or just getting fit and strong. Our coaches focus on teaching safe and proper techniques in general all around fitness. Our CrossFit classes will focus and teach 10 General Physical Skills which will help all athletes improve at their sport and/or their general physical fitness.
1. Cardiovascular / Respiratory Endurance - The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina - The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength - The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
4. Flexibility - The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power - The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed - The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination - The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Agility - The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance - The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy - The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.