On Tuesday March 27th from 7:30-8:30pm we are starting a weekly CrossFit Teens class (ages 13-18). It would be an ongoing class all year. Cost is $15/class or $40/month. Our teens class is intended for young athletes who are interested in either improving their athletic abilities for their sport or just getting fit and strong. Our coaches focus on teaching safe and proper techniques in general all around fitness. Our CrossFit classes will focus and teach 10 General Physical Skills which will help all athletes improve at their sport and/or their general physical fitness.
1. Cardiovascular / Respiratory Endurance - The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina - The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength - The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
4. Flexibility - The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power - The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed - The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination - The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Agility - The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance - The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy - The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.