Come join us for a special charity WOD (Workout of the Day), “Lotta Strong”, on Saturday, April 14, 2018! We will be running heats of 15 people every 20 minutes from 8 AM – 11 AM. The gym will be open at 7:30am. This event will be in honor of Chasity Lotta, who passed away this past November from a heroin overdose. Chasity was the niece of Mike and Tracy Wilson. She was a beautiful soul, who loved art, music, and making people smile. She loved hard and lived as she loved.
Current statistics show that 5 people die every hour in the United States from opioid addiction. On April 14 let’s come together to help reduce that number by raising awareness for drug addiction recovery, as well as raising funds for ROCovery Fitness...a wonderful program that assists those who are fighting addiction.
T-shirts are being made for everyone who donates $20 or more. All proceeds will be donated to ROCovery Fitness. The workout will be 13 miniutes long and will be designed so that all fitness levels can participate so feel free to invite your friends and family. Be sure to RSVP so we order enough shirts for everyone, but also to help us plan the heats accordingly.
Let's get a big turn out to show our support for Mike and Tracy's family and the entire Rochester community!
On Tuesday March 27th from 7:30-8:30pm we are starting a weekly CrossFit Teens class (ages 13-18). It would be an ongoing class all year. Cost is $15/class or $40/month. Our teens class is intended for young athletes who are interested in either improving their athletic abilities for their sport or just getting fit and strong. Our coaches focus on teaching safe and proper techniques in general all around fitness. Our CrossFit classes will focus and teach 10 General Physical Skills which will help all athletes improve at their sport and/or their general physical fitness.
1. Cardiovascular / Respiratory Endurance - The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina - The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength - The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
4. Flexibility - The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power - The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed - The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination - The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Agility - The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance - The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy - The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
Amazing day of people getting their first double unders and some first muscle ups. So proud of everyone and their willingness to work on some weaknesses. 18.3 is not any easy wod....great effort by everyone!
So proud of our February fundamentals class and all of their hard work! They spent Valentines Day getting comfortable with the barbell! Start your fitness journey with a free trial Fit-Camp!
We are so proud of both Iron Core teams that represented today at WODchester Games! Great job to everyone, it was awesome seeing all of you push yourselves and support each other!
Mobility is often a forgotten part of fitness, but is vital to all parts of health. Thank you Dr. Phillip Bechard for the shoulder mobility clinic on Saturday! Mt. Hope Chiropractic and Wellness
All of these CrossFitters and Fitcampers braved the snow Saturday morning to get their WOD in. Thank you all for your dedication, and a huge thank you to Greg who literally blew on the door knob until it defrosted enough to unlock!
Fitness is achieved over time. Health and wellness is not gained from short bursts or fads. Fitness is achieved through consistency and dedication to your health. Not just day to day, but from month to month and year to year. Fit-Camp is a high intensity class for all fitness levels, a fun and supportive environment helps make dedication to your goals attainable.
Iron Core CrossFit hit the beach this past Saturday. We had a great turn out for the "Beach WOD". Thank you to all who joined us. We'll be doing another Beach WOD soon...Stay tuned!